Bind 8.2.3 on Windows NT

Andrew D. Goetz agoetz at mac.com
Wed Apr 25 20:46:45 UTC 2001

I was wondering if someone may be able to help me out.  I am
brand-spanking new to DNS and BIND, so I apologize if this question
is infantile.  The server I am trying to set up is: ns1.eweblings.com
at ip 204.57.74.85.

I have set up BIND 8.2.3 on my Windows NT machine, and set up the
conf and db files as seen in _DNS and BIND_.  (I have also examined
the files enclosed with the software, and what I can find on the site
http://bind8nt.meiway.com.  Everything seems to be in order.)  BIND
runs, so I know that it sees the conf file.  The problem is that it
won't lookup names local or remote.  Every time I use nslookup, it
says that the server has failed.  I assume this means that it cannot
load the db files.  I cannot see why, though.  If anyone knows of any
common pitfalls that I may have tripped into, I would appreciate any
guidance.  Thanks for your time.

Andrew