Methods to obtain all the A records of a domain?

Vincent W.S. Tam vincent.tam at aib.net
Thu Aug 2 03:59:49 UTC 2001

Hi Kevin,

I know it's bad, but we have no slave servers. :(

For Brad's comment,
- I think reverse query is not possible to get the A records since the IP is
not mapped to a host in this domain, plus the same IP receives multiple
domains (virtual web & mail servers)
- I think has access right to a specific host is also not possible because
both parties are different companies in same business, unless a hacking is
done.

Yesterday we found that the new ISP seems missed one A record from our
original. I hope the real reason is the customer has keep track of the A
records of the domains and told the new ISP, not our name server's security
hole.

So far, looks it is impossible to obtain all the domain's A records without
a domain transfer or access into the server?

Best Regards,
Vincent