One last W2K / Active Directory / BIND question

Cricket Liu cricket at nxdomain.com
Fri Aug 3 04:11:29 UTC 2001

Hey, John!

> The problem appears to be that the W2K server wants to add an A
> record assigning its IP address to  the name "example.com." -- at least
> that's the only new record.  The existing record for sp01.example.com was
> not changed.  The new A record an annoying side effect in the lab, but in
> our production environment it would be an error.

I agree with Tim.  Try using the registry entry that disables the addition
of
the A record for the Windows 2000 domain name.  (See Microsoft
Knowledge Base article Q246804 under "Netlogon A Registrations.")

Would you please let us know if that solves it?  I hadn't heard of any
problems with the setup I described, but I'm happy to fix the book if I
need to.

cricket