reverse dns problems

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Sat Aug 4 20:27:12 UTC 2001

I'd say the problem looks like they didn't do a 2317 delegation but
simply individually delegated all 128 addresses in 208.21.15.128/25
to ns1.mfin.com.

That's certainly NOT what I would expect to have happen in that circumstance.

I'd expect to see the cname-hack/2317 address be referenced by
ns1-auth.sprint, and pointing THAT subdomain at the ns1.mfin.com.

I'm not sure if what sprint has done would work (it might, come to
think of it), but its certainly not "expected by the rfc behavior".