2 questions: lame servers, journal files

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue Aug 7 22:26:47 UTC 2001

> Ok that answers question one, any clue on question two?
>
> 	How do you get the data from the .jnl into the database file?

	The nameserver will automatically read the journal after it
	has read the zone on startup.  The call it uses to do this
	is dns_journal_rollforward().

	Normally the data is written to the in core copy of the
	zone at the same time as it is written to the journal,
	IXFR and UPDATE.

> I know it does it automatically but what is the trigger?

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com