refresh_callback: zone , after bind9 upgrade

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Aug 8 14:44:27 UTC 2001

In article <9kppvt$qf at pub3.rc.vix.com>,  <Mark.Andrews at nominum.com> wrote:

>	A refresh_callback is the code called when a refresh query
>	succeeds or fails.  A refresh query is the query made to
>	see if the zone is up to dat.  The server will make three
>	of these before it gives up and reschedules roughly retry
>	seconds later.  The failure is that the nameserver didn't
>	get a response in the expected time (timed out).

Is this the log message that replaced:

named[<pid>: Err/TO getting serial# for "<domain>"

BIND's log messages have never really been the epitome of clarity.  But
from what I've seen in the newsgroup (we're not yet running BIND 9 here),
it seems like BIND 9 has made things even worse.  Shouldn't a complete
rewrite have given you the opportunity to improve this?

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA