caching data

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Aug 8 17:37:58 UTC 2001

In article <9krl5o$hrs at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Michael Kjorling  <michael at kjorling.com> wrote:

>Dump the cache.
>
>	ndc dumpdb
>	rndc dumpdb
>
>I am not aware of any way to delete only a few known records out of
>the cache.

Dumpdb doesn't delete the cache, it puts a human-readable version of the
cache in a file.  In computer jargon, "dump" doesn't mean delete, it means
"save a copy" (as in a backup dump or a crash dump).

Unless BIND 9 has added new features to clear things from the cache, the
only way to do it is to restart named.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA