One last W2K / Active Directory / BIND question

Simpson, John R john_simpson at reyrey.com
Wed Aug 8 20:04:40 UTC 2001

All,

	Many thanks for the great suggestions and information.  My original
problem can be filed under the "Doh!" category -- since the parent domain
and the _* domains were hosted on the same name server I had not explicitly
delegated them.  Cricket -- your book works as written, but you may want to
consider upgrading your reader... ;-)

	However, the brief embarrassment of a public misconfiguration was
made worthwhile by the answers and discussion that the question generated.
In particular, the pointer to the KB article for turning off updates of
various record types, the impact (or lack thereof) of turning off the A
record update, the odd W2K log entries, and Barry Finkel's Anomalies with
Netlogon write-up applied directly to what we were working on or helped us
avoid future issues.

Thanks again,

John Simpson