bind 8.2.4: limiting used memory?

Will Yadley william+dns at hq.newdream.net
Wed Aug 8 22:54:30 UTC 2001

D. J. Bernstein wrote:

> Wow. A whole list of reasons! Please tell us: Why should citysearch.com
> and millions of other domains stop using djbdns?

> Wow. You ``think''? There are so many items on the list that you've run
> out of fingers and toes? Has it occurred to you that you can avoid this
> traumatic couunting experience if you number the items as you go along?

Funny how you never write anything to the qmail list, but have plenty of time
to start flamewars on this list.  I have mixed feelings about your software;
the main thing that annoys me about it is that it doesn't work very well
unless people use all djb software (ie tcpserver, daemontools, multilog)
which tends not to play nice with other software and is often confusing.  I
will not disagree that your software has some technical merit, but I don't
think that you're going to get wide acceptance for your software with that
attitude.

Your confrontational approach doesn't make people like or respect you.  I
think that you would get more respect if you would be less of an asshole.
You are entitled to your opinions and ideas, and I'm sure some / many of them
are even right.  However that isn't any reason to go around bashing Bind on a
newsgroup for users of that software.

People are on this list because they use Bind for whatever reason.  I am used
to bind, will continue using bind, and have no plans to switch to djbdns.
If, and when I do, I'll subscribe to the djbdns list.  What's the point of
constantly posting to the bind-users list about how much bind sucks and how
great djbdns is?