Dan's "Ease of Use" Table, Redux (was Re: bind 8.2.4: limiting used memory?)

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Sun Aug 12 20:33:30 UTC 2001

>>>>> "djb" == D J Bernstein <75628121832146-bind at sublist.cr.yp.to> writes:

    djb> I never make ad-hominem arguments. If you don't know what the
    djb> phrase ``ad hominem'' means, go look it up

How much more of this self-serving drivel are you going to post here?

Here's the Chambers definition of ad hominem:
       ad hom'in-em (L.) to the man, addressed to the feelings or
       prejudices of the hearer or reader: dealing with an opponent
       by attacking his character instead of answering his argument.

The latter point is a very accurate description of your postings to
bind-users. Every time you're asked fair but pointed questions about
the deficiencies of djbdns you fail to answer and instead resort to
insults. If that's not an example of ad hominem debate, I don't know
what is.