Starting named on bootup

James A Griffin agriffin at cpcug.org
Tue Aug 14 01:48:53 UTC 2001

John Lyons wrote:

> Is it just me or is there very little documentation on how to get named to
> start on bootup?
>
> I'm a little new to Linux and so far everything that I've installed has been
> kind enough to setup whatever was needed to start processes on boot.
>
> What should I be looking to do?
>
> Regards
>
> John

As a regular user enter "man chkconfig" (without the quotes).
Then as super user (root) enter "chkconfig named on" (also without the
quotes).

Jim

P.S. Please do not mung your e-mail address like you do.  It just
creates more work of the Internet and it screws up the
newsgroup/e-maillist relay.  If you absolutely must mung your e-mail
address at least do it "right" (as if there were such a way).  Search
for e-mail address munging on google.
P.P.S Your question is not a BIND question, but an operating system one.