one zone resolve but the other can't

Carrie carriecarrie.com at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 16 02:45:31 UTC 2001

The zone for cyberun.net can resolve but cyberun.com can't. I really don't
know what I did wrong, it happened after I tried to add a host the zone file
but now I copy the orginal file back and the whole zone won't resolve. When
I run 'dig' the status is 'srvfail'. Anybody know how to fix it ?

TTL       86400
$ORIGIN cyberun.com.
@                       1D IN SOA       ns.cyberun.net. info.cyberun.com. (
                                        01              ; serial
(m.tchepour)
                                        3H              ; refresh
                                        15M             ; retry
                                        1W              ; expiry
                                        1D )            ; minimum

                        1D IN NS        ns.cyberun.net.
                        1D IN NS        ns2.globelinks.com.
                        1D IN MX        10      mail.cyberun.com.
                        1D IN A         216.191.202.124

cal-101                 IN A            216.191.202.119
mail                    IN A            216.191.202.125
www             60      IN A            216.191.202.124
                60      IN A            216.191.183.150

$TTL    86400
$ORIGIN cyberun.net.
@                       1D IN SOA       ns.cyberun.net. info.cyberun.com. (
                                        01              ; serial
(m.tchepour)
                                        3H              ; refresh
                                        15M             ; retry
                                        1W              ; expiry
                                        1D )            ; minimum

                        1D IN NS        ns.cyberun.net.
                        1D IN NS        ns2.globelinks.com.
                        1D IN MX        10      mail.cyberun.net.
                        1D IN A         216.191.202.121

mail                    IN A            216.191.202.125
ns                      IN A            216.191.202.126
www                     IN A            216.191.202.121

named.conf file

options {
        directory "/var/named";
        pid-file "named.pid";
        allow-query { any; };
        recursion no;
        /*
         * If there is a firewall between you and nameservers you want
         * to talk to, you might need to uncomment the query-source
         * directive below.  Previous versions of BIND always asked
         * questions using port 53, but BIND 8.1 uses an unprivileged
         * port by default.
         */
        // query-source address * port 53;
};

//
// an authorative only nameserver config
//
zone "." IN {
        type hint;
        file "named.ca";