Repeated reverse queries

fred pasteck fred_pasteck at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 05:14:34 UTC 2001

Hi. I'm using bind-8.2.3p5 on Linux 2.2 as a
forwarding server to another similiar setup. For some
reason I'm now finding dozens of consecutive entries
of the following in the query logs:

16-Aug-2001 01:02:11.962 queries:
XX+/64.58.76.225/225.76.58.64.in-addr.arpa/PTR/IN

Substituting the above for a real IP, it is always the
IP of my forwarding server. They are generated at a
very rapid rate in blocks of about 50 or so, then
suddenly stop for a while only to occur again at no
predetermined interval.

What could be the problem?

thanks.