Parent not delegating

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Aug 16 17:55:01 UTC 2001

In article <9lgv1g$d6j at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Minh Van Le <mvanle at dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
>One additional thing I need to know, is whether issuing a 'ndc reload'
>actually clears the cache ? The answer to this question could be central
>to my problem.
>
>AFIAK, 'ndc reload' just reloads the name server's config files and
>checks if all the required zone data files exist. Apart from that, it
>doesn't do any serial number checking.

No, it doesn't clear the cache.  Some versions of BIND have had a
compile-time option that specified whether reload caused it to try to
refresh all slave zones (i.e. check if the serial number is up to date)
immediately; if it still exists, I expect that it still defaults to being
off.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA