Problems with TSIG/DNSSEC

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Aug 16 21:12:18 UTC 2001

They have to be within a certain "fudge" of each other, about 5 minutes or
thereabouts.

The reason for giving limited lifetimes to crypto signatures is so that there
isn't enough time for the bad guys to decrypt them. If you want signatures
that are secure for months or years, then you need a much larger key size, and
that's much more expensive to process.

- Kevin