Err/TO

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Aug 17 20:23:34 UTC 2001

Administrator www.pes.cz - nejlepsi pritel kazdeho webmastera wrote:

> Hi can anybody help me?
>
> I have two BIND 8.2.2-p7 servers ,master and slave.
>
> Primary server works fine. But if he post NOTIFY to slave server
> slave write to messages log line loks like
>     rcvd_notify foe domain "xxxx"
> and next:
>     Err/TO get serial # for domain "xxxxx"
>
> dig on master is valid.
>
> does anybody known why slave wan't to load new record?

There should have been more information about the error in the logs.

Usually, the cause of this is that the master did not load the zone
properly and is therefore not answering authoritatively for it. The
cause of the master's failure to load the zone is usually a syntax error
in the zone file. Look in the logs on the master.

By the way, BIND 8.2.2-p7 has a big security hole in it. You should
upgrade to 8.2.4 at the very least.