How to override too-short TTL?

Daemeon Reiydelle daemeonr at anthros.com
Mon Aug 20 19:18:56 UTC 2001

I am seeing more and more 1-2 minute ttl's as part of a lame round-robin
DNS (Dice, Ebay, to name a few). I do not consider this to be an
acceptable use, and want to reduce the load on my web cache as well as
my DNS server by reducing this to a more "reasonable" value?

Is there a way to force any cached ttl (obviously from a domain I am not
authoritative for) to have a "more reasonable" ttl like say 15 minutes?

I dilligently checked Cricket's book and the archives and did not see
what I was looking for (hence I either am too lame or ??). I did find
what looks like the right place in ns_cache.c to hack, but thought I
would see if I missed a config values somewhere/somehow.

--
Daemeon Reiydelle
Systems Engineer, Anthropomorphics Inc.