How to override too-short TTL?

Daemeon Reiydelle daemeonr at anthros.com
Mon Aug 20 20:58:39 UTC 2001

Duh, thanks. I can read the RFC (and have). Did you have something
constructive to say or do you specialize in repeating old emails?

The question was: is there a way to force a minimum time to live?

I don't care if I violate some lamer's right to be an idiot. I care
about MY right to avoid complaints about "how slow the network is" when
my customer reads a page, then hits a "next" link, watches as 3 (or
more) separate DNS hits get resolved because the lamer has 3 different
url's for every darned page, each with a 2 minute timeout, and is too
stupid to install a free load balancer (e.g. OpenBSD) or to cheap to
install a commercial product (e.g. BigIP, Cisco or other).

Of course, if my customers would go away I wouldn't have any performance
problems, and could readily comply with the RFC. Darned customers.