How to override too-short TTL?

E. James Nagle jnagle at broadswift.net
Tue Aug 21 00:18:54 UTC 2001

> Perhaps you would be more appreciated if you read the email and your
> reply before you hit send.

Perhaps you would get a better response if you used a little old fashioned
courtesy in your postings.  Remember - you ARE asking for help here.

> Bind is not the RFC's. Bind is an IMPLEMENTATION of the applicable
> RFC's, together with a few workarounds (like allowing '_' and '-' in
> host names), some bits with DHCP leases, etc.
>
> Unless you are the final arbiter for all things BIND, it seems that this
> may be a topic for discussion.

Yes, it would be a topic for discussion, however the common courtesy rule
still applies - everyone may not know the exact answer to your problem but
everyone still tries to help.  And I guarantee - if you listen to all
figure the problem out.  Again better courtesy = better responses.