I cannot do reverse lookups of my internal LAN

Trond Erling Hundal trond at havneavisen.net
Fri Aug 24 11:43:53 UTC 2001

Hey there....again

I have set up my network so that the dns points into my web server in my LAN. (ip: 192.168.1.4)
But when I do a dig -x 192.168.1.4 it doesn`t return my reverse configuration, instead it fetches something completely different...
I was convinced that I could do it this way. (having the web server on my internal LAN, with a internal ip)

Does this mean that my configuration in messed up, or does it mean that I cannot do it this way after all???

I want to apologize for all the dumb, newbie questions I am posting today.
But, I really need to get this straight. I`ve been reading alot about the Bind machine and dns configuration.
But I have not found any good documentation that helps me with issues like this...

...and thanks for the help, guys!