type forward question

Anthony Golia Anthony.Golia at morganstanley.com
Wed Aug 29 16:21:48 UTC 2001

hi.  'using BIND 8.2.3 and I had a question about forward zones.  i
searched some mails on this group but didn't find a clear answer.  For
internal DNS i use a global forwarders option and am master for, say,
foo.com.  I want to delegate _msdcs.foo.com (and the other win2k
thingies) to my win2k servers.  strict delegation and/or stub zones
aren't working 'cause of a weird issue I can get into (win2k client asks
for SOA of a zone that doesn't really exist, BIND delegates request to
win2k DNS changing query to type ALL, gets back stuff win2k client
chokes on).  So i attempt forwarders but BIND doesn't seem to forward
the requests for _msdcs.foo.com.  Is this syntax correct?  Am I not
allowed to do this?

options {
        directory "/var/named";
        forwarders {