Name Resolution Problem

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Aug 29 18:49:50 UTC 2001

If a ping makes the access work temporarily, then this is almost
certainly not a DNS problem. DNS isn't related to ping or anything at
that level of network (except as a consumer of network resources, like
everything else).

Since you say the access works "until a reboot of the access device",
then that strongly implicates the "access device" as the source of the
problem.

- Kevin