new T1 line

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Aug 30 16:59:17 UTC 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, babu wrote:

> We are going to replace our T1 line with another ISP's T1. So our web
> servers/sites network/IP addresses will change. Is there anyway we can get
> our new T1 line with no down time or least down time of our web servers?
> Because DNS updation takes 2,3 days , what should I do to make the servers
> available on the internet.

I would start by making the ttl's very short. That way the dns info will
timeout very quickely. The only problem with this is that in order for this
to work you need to back the ttl's down in time to have the old data
expire b4 your migration.

If you do this, keep in mind the load on your nameservers will go up so
make sure you can handle the additional load.

HTH,

--
......Tom		BLAME: The Secret To Success is Knowing who
tdiehl at rogueind.com	to Blame for Your Failures.