Is there a web interface to bind - please?

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 31 19:07:54 UTC 2001

Henrik Lassen wrote:

> I am looking for a web interface to bind.

Yes - probably the first you'll find is the BIND module in
Webmin. Probably okay for a few zones, I find the navigation
around the screens unreliable, although it has never done a
nasty to any of my files (I don't use it much, vi is faster 8).

Most of the big name BIND management tools have a web interface
as well. Some ISP's provide web interfaces, and some Internet
Appliances such as the one in Cobalt RAQ servers.

How many zones are you managing? Do you need to apply lots of
defaults to different zones? Do you need to be able to delegate
zones to other people to manage. How much audit trail and sanity
checking do you need?