Bind 8 and multihosting

Rune Jonassen Rune.Jonassen at Intellinet.no
Mon Dec 3 07:26:20 UTC 2001

Hello,

We have currently an old bind 4 on NT running appr. 2000 domains for our
customers.
We have now started up a new bind 8 on W2K on which we have already started
to host domains.
Our concern is that the old server is very unstable and obviously it will
take some time to move all domains from the old to the new one.

Our question then is:
Is it possible for the new server to serve queries on to NIC's?
My idea is to convert the old bind 4 zonefiles to bind 8, move them to the
new server, properly update named.conf. Then activate NIC no. 2 and assign
it the IP address to the old server.

Will this work?

Best regards

Rune Myhre Jonassen