in-addr.arpa

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Tue Dec 4 00:58:23 UTC 2001

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 09:24:55AM +1100, rancid moth wrote:
> can anyone confirm for me, that for dynamic dns entries to take place from
> DHCP network allocations, the reverse zone MUST be "in-addr.arpa" and not
> something like "16.172.in-addr.arpa" for say a particular subnet allocated
> by the DHCP server?

Shooting from the hip, I'd say this has to be incorrect.  I remember a
message on this list from someone having a severe problem becaus they
had done this.  If you do this, you blind yourself to anybody else's
reverse DNS.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B