HOW TO DETERMINE ALL ZONE FILES ON SERVER?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Thu Dec 6 00:37:36 UTC 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 01:26:35PM -0700, Gustave wrote:
> We dont know any of the logins for the machine.  We have tried.  If there
> is no way to get the info out, that's fine.  Just a bunch more leg work.

Insert a rescue disk or install CD, punch out to a root shell, and get
the named.conf files.  While you are at it, zero the root passwords,
re-boot, install a new root password, write the new one down, and lock
it up in a safe to which several other people have the combination.
;-)

There is no way to query the server for the domains for which it is
responsible, short of exhaustive [well-named] search.

Oh, and DON'T YELL.  ;-)

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B