BIND 8.2.3, 9.1.0 and 9.2.0 in Solaris 8

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Dec 11 22:35:44 UTC 2001

manfer15 at terra.es wrote:

> I have a problem with dinamic update in all of these bind versions
> with solaris 8 OS.
> I configure named.conf to permit all "allow-update { any; };". Later I
> try to add a new register with "nsupdate", but I doesn=B4t work.
> I tried the same config files in Linux Red Hat 7.1 and bind 9.1.0 and
> it works correctly. Can anyone help me in this matter?. Is there
> anything that i must change in the OS ? (I think the problem is with
> the Solaris 8 enviroment)

I doubt it. I'm running Dynamic Update on Solaris 8 just fine. "Doesn't
work" isn't a lot to go on. Exactly how is it failing? What is the error
code? What's in your logs? Are you signing your updates with TSIG? Are
the clocks in synch? Do the SOA and NS records for the zone have the
correct contents? Are you using prerequisites? There could any number of
things wrong here. You have to give us more information.