Query Failure.

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Dec 12 07:55:35 UTC 2001

	Firstly nameserver chains like the following are known to be
	problematic for BIND 4 and BIND 8 (< 8.3) servers.

1-gps.com.              1d23h59m2s IN NS  NS3.SATELLITE-PHONES.ORG.
1-gps.com.              1d23h59m2s IN NS  NS32.SATELLITE-PHONES.ORG.
SATELLITE-PHONES.ORG.   1d23h59m4s IN NS  DNS2.INTERLAND.NET.
SATELLITE-PHONES.ORG.   1d23h59m4s IN NS  DNS3.INTERLAND.NET.
SATELLITE-PHONES.ORG.   1d23h59m4s IN NS  DNS1.INTERLAND.NET.
INTERLAND.NET.          2D IN NS        DNS1.INTERLAND.NET.
INTERLAND.NET.          2D IN NS        DNS2.INTERLAND.NET.

	Secondly as far as the servers for SATELLITE-PHONES.ORG are concerned
	NS32.SATELLITE-PHONES.ORG does not exist.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org