URL Forwarding

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Fri Dec 14 00:12:02 UTC 2001

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 11:25:40PM +0000, Gabe wrote:
> How do I set up URL forwarding? Is that a BIND thing or an Apache thing.

A Web server thing, whatever your Web server (Apache or another).

> I think I have the email forwarding down. I set the mx record for
> jrmdesigns.com to mail.apositiveeffect.com

This is not mail forwarding.  This is mail serving.

> But I also want to forward requests to www.jrmdesigns.com to
> www.apositiveeffect.com. I was thinking about setting up a virtual server
> for jrmdesigns.com and having the document root be the same as
> apositiveeffect.com, but isn't there a way in DNS or Apache to just forward
> one domain to another?

Set up a Web server on www.jrmdesigns.com that forwards all queries to
www.apositiveeffect.com.  Or ask www.apositiveeffect.com to host the
virtual server www.jrmdesigns.com, and set up your DNS to point that