registrar transfer problems

@quasar Internet Solutions, Inc. shore at quasar.net
Wed Dec 19 15:46:28 UTC 2001

The first thing you need to do is make sure you have is two, answering
nameservers set up.

But this is not necessarily a server setup or BIND problem.

Originally most of us were used to creating a host by merely registering a
domain to it.  This is not necessarily the case with some of the new
registrars.  As the VeriSign registry still maintains the host records,
many of the new registrars process host registrations manually.  (And
some have charges to create them.)  Check the procedure at Bulkregister
for setting up your host record.  You may need to set that up separately
before registering a domain to it.

The host database and the domain database are two different kinds of
registration databases.  The modification to your ISP's dns works because
they have an existing host record on answering nameservers.

-Dena Whitebirch
@quasar Internet Solutions
http://quasar.net/