about managing a dns entry

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Dec 20 01:13:47 UTC 2001

What you have is broken replication between ns2.freenix.org and ns7.gandi.net.
WHOIS has nothing to do with that. You need to either a) reset your serial
number (see RFC 1982) on your master (presumably ns7.gandi.net) to get
replication working properly again, b) have the admin of ns2.freenix.org
"manually" restart replication by deleting the slave copy of the file and
reloading his/her nameserver, or c) replace ns2.freenix.org in the domain
delegations with a nameserver that can actually replicate properly from the
master.

- Kevin