Simple question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Dec 20 19:51:02 UTC 2001

Your A records are fine, but your SOA is pretty hosed; there needs to be two
fields before the serial number which contain names, but you have only one
field containing a (dot-terminated?) IP address. The first field should be the
"origin" of the zone, i.e. the name of the nameserver serving the zone, e.g.
ns.krs.ca. The second field should be an encoded email address for the zone
contact. This is a trivial form of encoding; the @ in the email address is
simply changed to a dot, so, for instance, a zone contact of hostmaster at krs.ca
would be encoded as hostmaster.krs.ca.

Another problem is that you are missing NS records for the zone.

- Kevin