Secondary update from multiple primary

Jon Booth jon at lucidlogic.com
Fri Dec 21 05:36:21 UTC 2001

I want to set a primary DNS server that has 2 IP addresses (From 2
different ISPs). One is the main ISP and one is the backup.

The main ISP IP address on the server would be listed as primary NS for
our domain, the ISP secondary as secondary for our domain and the backup
ISP IP adress as ternary. (So we control primary and ternary - or Master
and one slave)

If Main ISP goes down I would change the zone in our Name server so to use
backup IP).

What I want to do is tell Secondary to reload the domain from Primary IP
address in most cases but in case it is unreachable to reload it from
Ternary. Is this possible? Whats a better solution for my setup?

Thanks
Jon