Is it the Correct resolv.conf

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Dec 27 15:25:44 UTC 2001

In article <a0f4ev$dam at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Raheel Hussain <raheel at nexus.net.pk> wrote:
>the file is follows
>

>nameserver 127\fB.\fP0\fB.\fP0\fB.\fP1
>nameserver 192\fB.\fP168\fB.\fP0\fB.\fP4
>sortlist 192.168.0.4; 127.0.0.1;
>

>please check out the errors in the file.

Get rid of those "\fB" and "\fP" sequences in the "nameserver" line.

Get rid of the ";" characters in the "sortlist" line.  I'm not even sure
why you have that line -- it's not used to specify the order of
nameservers, it's used to order the answers within a response if a name has
multiple addresses, so you would list network numbers, not the addresses of
your nameservers.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA