Having Problem in Basic Configuration on Windows 2000

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Dec 27 20:05:10 UTC 2001

At 06:55 AM 12/27/2001, Raheel Hussain wrote:

>Hello ,
>I m using Bind 8.2.5 on window 2K.
>

>My Computer Name is : panda

You need to give the fully-qualified domain name, i.e. include the domain
name, eg. panda.nexus.net.pk.

>Windows 2000 advanced Sever Domain Name is : raheel

Again use the fully qualified domain name.

>I P Address of my machine is : 192.168.0.4

This is a non-routable address and is for internal use only. That means
you need forwarders to send queries outside of your local server.

>Please Guide me , what configuration is required ,in which file and
>which format and location.

Read Cricket Liu's "DNS and BIND" 4th edition.  Go to read
http://bind8nt.meiway.com/ for windows specific information.

>if have installed and configured it , and got it running but when , in
>DOS Prompt i use the command
>
>nslookup raheel123.com panda

Is raheel123.com a domain served by panda?  Even if it is you need
to fully qualify the name.

         Danny