Designating as Authorizatative server for the domain

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Dec 28 16:45:06 UTC 2001

In article <a0i3ra$r7o at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Raheel Hussain  <mr_hussain_75020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Can any body tell me how to designate the server Ms window 2K , running
>Bind 8.2.5 as the authoritative server for the domain,
>
>which file requires some editting.

Create a DB file for the domain (you can name this anything you want), and
then add the zone to the named.conf file.

Then tell the administrator of the parent domain to add the name of your
server to the delegation NS records.

>and how to enable recursion in bind

Take "recursion no;" out of the options, since it's enabled by default.

Do you have the "DNS & BIND" book?  These are some really basic questions
that are answered in there.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA