bind and style

Jed Record jed at 5-20.org
Thu Feb 1 21:05:58 UTC 2001

Could anyone share some comments and/or examples for the style of zone
files?  In the past I have tried to emulate the examples from the
"Cricket Book" :-) (apologies to Paul), but I have since strayed somewhat
and would like to find a consistant format which will not only adhere to
proper syntax for the latest versions 8.2.3, 9.1 ... but be readable to
the administrator(me) as well.  I know the answer is "that's up to you!"
but I only manage a few hundred zone files and I know many people here
have thousands to manage and may have some helpful hints...

my current zone files look a lot like:
--- start of zone file ---
$TTL 900
@ 		IN 	SOA 	ns1.5-20.org. jed.5-20.org (