classless inverse

hostmaster dpalme at blackcatsolutions.com
Fri Feb 2 13:54:35 UTC 2001

Our upstream provider has delegated to us our IP block as a classless
delegation.

They have asked us to include in our zone statement something along the
following:

zone "32/27.104.240.209.in-addr.arpa" IN {
    type slave;
    file "32-27.104.240.209.zone";
    masters { 209.240.96.4; };
};

We've done that, and the way I understand this works is our dns server will
pull this zone (inverse) from their server (209.240.96.4) and run it locally
on ours.....

However, we have a routing problem which prevents us from pulling the zone
from the master server.....and I don't know if we'll ever get this routing
problem solved......barring that, is there any other way for us to pull this
file? Can we just get a copy of it and place it on the server?  What should
the file be named specifically? The same as what we gave it? Can we get a
copy of the zone file, install it on our machine and set the zone as master
so it runs off of ours?  I know if we did it that way we wouldn't get
updates, which is fine for now....at least it would solve our inverse
problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Douglas