Is there a max on the Serial Number?

Bob Vance bobvance at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Feb 3 16:21:29 UTC 2001

>Trying to force a CCYYMMDDuu scheme
onto a dynamic zone sounds like a recipe for at least a nightmare, if
not disaster..

I wasn't suggesting that he do it for dynamic updates.
I was just giving that as an example of how you might get that many
updates :)

>I'm not even sure that it is currently possible to dictate the format
>of the serial number that results from an update..

Sure you can.
Simply stop named, edit the file, and restart -- which *could* be done
automatically at midnight if you wanted to.
Again, I'm not suggesting that at all -- just that's it's possible.

Tks        | <mailto:BVance at sbm.com>
BV         | <mailto:BobVance at alumni.caltech.edu>
Sr. Technical Consultant,  SBM, A Gates/Arrow Co.
Vox 770-623-3430           11455 Lakefield Dr.
Fax 770-623-3429           Duluth, GA 30097-1511