Way Wrong! /etc gets set o-rx on named startup!

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Sun Feb 4 01:04:50 UTC 2001

	BIND 8.2.3 secures the directory containing the UNIX domain
	socket on Solaris (and SunOS 4) because the OS fails to
	honour the file permissions on the socket itself.  This
	was in the README in the for 8.2.2*.

	The default socket is now DESTRUN/ndc.d/ndc on these platforms.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com