replication between primary & secondary bind servers in linux?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Feb 6 05:22:48 UTC 2001

Is there some particular reason for *not* using the built-in replication
mechanisms of DNS, i.e. AXFR and/or IXFR? If you define a nameserver as "type
slave" for a zone and give it the IP address(es) of the master(s), it will
automatically replicate the zone whenever the serial number on the master copy
of the zone is incremented.

Trust me. It works. No matter what DJB says.

- Kevin