bind-8.2.3/Solaris 8 compilation error

Richard Gilbert R.Gilbert at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 17:35:25 UTC 2001

>  On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Richard Gilbert wrote:

> tried to build it in the usual way on Solaris 8 but the compilation
> fails as follows:

Thank you to those who replied.  I installed a version compiled on a
Solaris 7 system but I have since got to the cause of the compilation
failure: the system administrator did not upgrade gcc when he installed
Solaris 8.  It now compiles on Solaris 8.

--
Richard Gilbert
Corporate Information and Computing Services