Named Dying on True64

John Fulton jfulton at arctic.net
Tue Feb 6 18:18:11 UTC 2001

At 02:08 AM 2/6/01 +0000, Roger wrote:

> >I'm running bind 9.1.0 on True64 4.0E and every once in a while
> >(2-3 hours) bind will just die. I end up with this error in the log and
> >nothing else,
>
> >--: zone.c:5555: REQUIRE(iop != 0L && *iop == 0L) failed
> >--: exiting (due to assertion failure)
>
>I have experienced the same error, followed by a core dump, when doing a
>reload, although bind seems to run OK at other times.
>
>This is on Digital UNIX (Tru64) 4.0F and Bind 9.1.0

I finally backed down to bind 8.2.3 and found that it would only work
compiling it with gcc instead of the bundled cc compiler that comes with 4.0f.

On every version after 8.2.2p5, if I compiled with the bundled cc, it would
just freeze and quit responding.

TelAlaska, Inc.                                 John Fulton
201 E 56th Ave.                           Network Architect
Anchorage, Alaska                 Cisco Certified CCNA/CCDA
99518                               Microsoft Certified MCP
907 563 2003                        A+ Certified Technician
Fax 550 1646                             jfulton at arctic.net
Interior Telephone Company         Mukluk Telephone Company
Eyecom Cable                        TelAlaska Long Distance
TelAlaska Networks                               Arctic Net