Quick Apache question

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Feb 6 21:02:00 UTC 2001

To: EL CiD <NOSPAM.elcid at pinolero.net>

Grumble.  Grumble.  Grumble.  Grumble.  This mailing list does NOT
generate SPAM, as far as I can tell.

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 06:05:20PM +0000, EL CiD wrote:
> ################# Named VirtualHosts
> NameVirtualHost 64.180.26.16
> <VirtualHost 64.180.26.16>
> ServerName www.kimotosoft.com
> ServerPath /domain
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/vilantros
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Well, after I rebooted HTTPD, and tried to reach www.kimotosoft.com
> it, gets me the index file I created for it.  So far, so good.  But
> then I tried to go to my original Domain name www.pinolero.net and I
> get the exact same page!.  I am getting the same index.html for both
> domains names; the virtual domain, and the original domain.  I did not
> touch httpd.conf file where it states
>
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>
> so by default.. anyone going to www.pinolero.net should get
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/index.html  and NOT www.kimotosoft.com
> index html which resides in /var/www/html/vilantros
>
> any ideas !!!

This is not the Apache mailing list.  It is the BIND mailing list.  So
none of us can answer Apache questions, eh?

But before the above VirtualHost phrase, you're going to have to create
another one to be the default:

<VirtualHost 64.180.26.16>
ServerName www.pinolero.net
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
</VirtualHost>

This is documented in vhosts/name-based.html, but is not obvious.  It
looks to me like ServerPath is not very useful in this configuration,
but then, I've never used it.  See the end of vhosts/examples.html.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B