BIND 9.1, Views, and Zone Transfers

Ladislav Bukvicka Ladislav.Bukvicka at eunet.cz
Wed Feb 7 11:38:22 UTC 2001

Meaby you can transfer zone which has another view for you in this way:
create fake zone pointing to first zone datafile. You can make tranfers of
this zone via AXFR to your secondary => no problem with view.
At secondary you can define your real zone pointing to fake zone datafile.
I never tried it, but I think it could work in presumption you rewrite
$ORIGIN at secondary ... and you cannot have closed FQDN's in datafile at
primary of course. When you close FQDN's then bind refuses these data because
are in conflict with $ORIGIN.

pukvis

--
 - - = = = = K P N Q w e s t  C z e c h i a  s. r. o. = = = - -
====== ____                            = Ladislav Bukvicka ======