BIND 4 to BIND 8 differences

Borgia Joe A Contr AFRL/IFOS Joe.Borgia at rl.af.mil
Wed Feb 7 14:18:52 UTC 2001

I need to update our 4.x servers to 8.x. What are the major differences,
if any, in table structure? I know that the named.boot file turns into
named.conf, that looks totally different from the BIND 4 named.boot.

Does the script that converts your named.boot file to a named.conf file
that comes with the new version of BIND really work like it says it
does? Some of the documentation that I have read made this upgrade
sound like its not going to be a big deal, but it just doesn't seem like it
should be as easy to do this upgrade as they make it out to be.

Thanks,
Joe