Fw: two name servers on one Raq?

John Fulton jfulton at arctic.net
Wed Feb 7 18:41:23 UTC 2001

I think you're not looking for running 2 name servers, but having 2 IP's on
the box so that you can use both in a domain registration. Even if you ran
2 services on the same system, they would have to run on different ports,
and as such the one that ran on the port other then 53 would never get
used. Just configure another alias IP on your raq and restart BIND. It will
see the other ip bound to it and start to answer queries.