rndc reload error

Ben Weaver w at tranquility.net
Wed Feb 7 20:33:16 UTC 2001

Because rndc is intended to be a "remote" administration tool for BIND, it requires that you set it up in such a way that it is able to authenticate itself to the name server before the name server will allow rndc to control it.

What you need to do is set up rndc.conf and named.conf to have the appropriate keys required for the authentication.  Please refer to the documentation provided with BIND for more information on configuring rndc.  I think it's somewhere in chapter 2-4.

-Ben