FreeBSD port of BIND 9 updated for 9.1.1rc1

Doug Barton DougB at gorean.org
Thu Feb 8 09:19:02 UTC 2001

with an insist() and/or assert() failure, the FreeBSD team is currently
investigating solutions to the problems brought to light by version 9.1.0
of BIND. Meanwhile, our port of BIND 9 has been updated to use BIND version
9.1.1rc1 which, in addition to significant bug fixes contains code that
turns those failure modes into logged warnings.

	For those FreeBSD users who want or need to use BIND 9 we highly recommend
this version to avoid possible susceptibility to a Denial of Service (DOS)
attack.

Doug
--
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory . . . lasts forever."
        -- Keanu Reeves as Shane Falco in "The Replacements"